» Aspects of Bathroom Interior Designing
» Ideal Bathroom Concept
» Planning a Bathroom
» Bathroom Flooring
» Bathroom Framing » Bathroom Lighting
» Cabinates & Countertops
» Ceramic Tiles
» Demolition of Old Baths & Walls
» Desirable Bathrooms & Locality
» Drywall & Backer Board
» Finishing Touches to Bathroom
» Tips for Bathroom Fixtures
» Mechanical Systems of Bathrooms
» The Perfect Bathroom Design
Bathroom lighting is not only about lamps and fixtures but also about creating that little 'extra' that turns you on whenever you enter this tiny quiet room to spend some time with yourself and enjoy the warm bath. The trick can only be achieved successfully by choosing the right lamps, placing them strategically, using mirrors and defoggers at all the correct places and in appropriate styles and know how to avoid the shadow trap. Here are some classic, trendy and handy tips and ideas for you to use:
- Though we do recommend recessed lighting fixtures as the most popular bathroom lighting trend today but if they are the only lights you are using in the bathroom you may fall into the shadow trap and may not be able to see yourself clearly in the mirror.
- A halogen-recessed floodlight is quiet focused and can make you actually look scary just like when you place the flash light under the chin in the dark. A good idea to use on Halloween stage bur definitely not what we would like to see in the bathrooms every morning!
- To avoid such scary shadowing effects, use recessed floodlights in combination with other general forms of lighting.
- A diffused light fixture with a soft focus mounted at or just above eye level is much better and best place for them is on either side of the mirror to throw maximum light on your face and brighten it up.
- Diffused wall mounted light placed near the mirror will cut down on shadows of the halogen floodlights.
- In case, wall mounted lights are not possible in your bath, avoid using recessed lighting and use decorative diffused lighting on ceiling instead, which is only the second best option after the combo suggested above.
- If recessed lighting is the only option available, then, place it very close to the mirror, centered above the faucet.
- Installing different types of lighting fixtures that can be switched on and off independently or in desired combos can help in mood lighting in the vanity.
- Use different levels of light for doing makeup in different times of the day - Bright light for day and dim light for night.
- Efficient and decorative lighting systems come in a wide range and can range from luxury options to inexpensive ones.
- Mirrors and its reflective surface enhance bathroom lighting, making it the most important focal point of the bath decor. They add depth and dimension to the bathroom and are quite flexible.
- Comfort and luxury define the finish, shape, size, style and material of the mirror that are tailored to suit your personality.
- Mirror styles may range from traditional and contemporary to casual and tropical. They may be frameless and used as accents or have innovative frame designs to attract attention.
- Mirror frames may have finishes such as antique, black, bronze, steel, pewter, chrome, crackle, designer, hand painted, distressed, metal, silver, gold, nickel, plastic and wood and many times have arched top or oval, rectangular or round shapes.
- A mirror fogged with steam gives a very ethereal feel to the bath and most people prefer to install an electric bathroom mirrors defogger to allow them to shower and see their reflection in a clear mirror. They consume very little electricity and work quite efficiently.