House of Interiors
» Aspects of Bedroom Interior Designing
» Ideal Bedroom Concept
» Choosing Beds
Ideal Bedroom Concept
The bedroom is usually a smaller room which can be seen in its entirety with just one glance, for this reason it is important:
- That the furniture matches, and if all the pieces are not the same style they should at least have uniformity of color and texture.
- The walls and the lighting should be tenor and not be concentrated around the head board.
- The essential function of the bed is to provide a surface which is neither too hard nor too soft for the back and body to response in the correct position.
- Choosing the right mattress is also complicated as there are many different types to choose from: foam, latex, spring, and combinations, with one side for summer and the other for winter, anti-allergy, traditional wool ones, and a sybaritic tendency to place several mattresses one on top of other, one spring and other latex.
- Wardrobes and beds are usually combined in the bedroom and are designed to make the most of the space available, they incorporate comfortable details such as doors which open with just a light touch and the indispensable interior lighting.
- Wardrobes are usually from 1.90 to 2m high and 55cm deep and have interior steps for adjusting the shelves. If the wardrobe has only two doors it is a good idea to put mirrors on the inside to be able to see oneself from behind as well as the front.
- When deciding how to finish the walls and the ceiling in the bedroom one must know the kind of atmosphere desired and how to maintain it. Normally it is recommended to paint the headboard wall a more outstanding color than the other three which should all be the same relaxing, warm color. So if the furniture and the upholstery have already been chosen, the walls and ceiling should be their appropriate background.
- Carpeted walls are another alternative for the bedroom which normally is considered when the floor is carpeted as well, very appropriate for colder, more humid climates for their insulation and warmth.
- Bedroom lighting should have a special treatment, the tone of the light should be warm and cozy, to achieve this, apart from the ceiling light and the lamps on the night table, we recommend that the light intensity might also be adjustable. The regulator of light intensity, also called a dimmer, is a mechanism which permits, apart from the normal function of a light switch .gradual control of intensity of the light, allowing one to choose the exact level desired between the total lighting and the total darkness of the room.
- Interior door frames should be as decorative as the doors, highlighting their design and quality. If the frame should expand or contract due to wood's movement it will have to be carefully planned, checking the measurements regularly, re-hanging the door to check the progress until it is correct, remembering that there should always be a little pay.
- When decorating one's bedroom one usually mixes and matches coordinating fabrics, in the curtains, bedspreads, pillows, lampshades, headboards, walls, but avoiding overdoing it.
- Whites and creams adapt to both classic and modern styles and are found in fabrics made of cotton, polyester, wool and embroidered linen.
- Fabrics with a natural design create a bucolic atmosphere, with light lovely colors, with fabrics like cretonne, polyester and cotton chintz, silk, faille, taffeta.
- One romantic finish is to cross two embroider muslin blinds held open with two wide velvet bands.
- There is nothing better than a wooden rug to warm up a room, placing one at the end of the bed is not only a basic decorative element but also an object which adds warmth, calm and intimacy. The choice of a rug depends primarily upon the floor, furniture, walls, upholstery, luminosity, space and if the bedroom has a specific décor, one will be obliged to choose a coordinating rug which is essential to create the right atmosphere.
- Bedspreads, sheets, blankets, quilts, comforters, and pillows all enter into the play in the decoration of the bedroom. One need only know the decorative style and have bit of extra fabric to combine walls, curtains, canopies, headboards, lampshades etc. with the indispensable bedding.
- The fabric is the body and soul of the bedroom set, such as jacquard, tapestry inspired elegant and noble lines which shine through somber tones.