Lighting Ideas in Interior Decoration
» Understanding The Lighting System
» Home Lighting
» Bedroom Lighting
» Bathroom Lighting
» Dining Room Lighting
» Living Room Lighting
» Kitchen Lighting
» Study Room Lighting
» Ceiling Medallion
» Decorative Lighting
» Hanging Chandelier
» Dimmers for Lights
» Ceiling Fan Lighting
» Lighting Feng Shui Style
» Landscape Lighting
» Outdoor Glass Lights
Kitchen is a place where a lady spends her maximum time so it should have comfortable and fresh feeling. Today's kitchens are far removed from the dark dingy spaces one saw earlier.
- General lighting for a kitchen should be well distributed, uniform and as shadow less as possible.
- Fluorescent fixtures reduce the energy demands without sacrificing illumination.
- Even if there is window in the kitchen, install down lighting over a sink for cloudy days or nights.
- Special lighting for key work areas can be installed in the ceiling or in the upper cabinets.
- Provide light for storage areas in pantry or wall cabinets overhead or shelf mounted brackets will do the job.
The kitchen is no longer a room in which you cook meals. The kitchen has become more and more of a family room, where the family gathers at least twice a day. The family members read the morning newspaper in the kitchen, meals for just the family are served in the kitchen, the children do their homework on the kitchen table and bills are sorted out and checks written out there. If the kitchen is big enough it can be used to entertain guests as well. Therefore the kitchen must be adequately lit to enable these activities to take place without any hindrance. The kitchen is no longer lit with a single ceiling light fixture. Today the market is flooded with a variety of kitchen lighting fixtures. Here are a few tips to remember while lighting the kitchen: