Lighting Ideas in Interior Decoration
» Understanding The Lighting System
» Home Lighting
» Bedroom Lighting
» Bathroom Lighting
» Dining Room Lighting
» Living Room Lighting
» Kitchen Lighting
» Study Room Lighting
» Ceiling Medallion
» Decorative Lighting
» Hanging Chandelier
» Dimmers for Lights
» Ceiling Fan Lighting
» Lighting Feng Shui Style
» Landscape Lighting
» Outdoor Glass Lights
Living Room Lighting
The term lighting refers to the useful energy output of a system consisting of light sources, fixtures to support them in appropriate locations, wiring channels to activate the light sources and the convenient electrical controls. Here are the tips on how to maintain the lighting system in different rooms according to the ambience.
- Establish an adequate general illumination level to reduce the accent light, brightness, contrast.
- Illuminate an entire wall with overhead fixtures to provide background for room furnishings.
Feature window areas with the cosmic lighting.
- Indirect light like that under a pelmet or above a cabinet will supply soft uniform illumination.
- Use dimmers to program lighting moods.
- Play up with the architectural features like aala, niches, mantles etc.
- Highlight artwork and plants with individual lighting arrangements.
- Be sure that the floor, table and hanging fixtures have adequate shades to prevent glare.
- Plan adequate lighting to handle a variety of family activities like rack for display.
- Bar area could use incandescent light to play up sparkling glassware. Lighted shelves or fluorescent fixtures under the front edge of bar are effective.