Introduction to House Interior Designing
Planning out the decoration of home is as essential as planning out a career. Home is a place where a person comes to its freedom of relaxation after a day’s work. Whether you go to a motel or a hotel or a guest house, nothing compares it with your home sweet home. The coziest place for you as you are bound to it structure and you are most habitual with it. But, the most important this about our home sweet home is that it should be sweet enough and enough eye catching to the people visiting it, whether your close relatives, friends or colleagues. You feel proud to show it. Personal style and freedom of expression are driving forces in today's home design.
Decorate means to beautify and is derived from a French word meaning the same. Yet while beautiful, self-expressive homes are wonderful, interior designers and architects have a growing responsibility to create healthy, accessible, and environmentally sensitive spaces. Home decor is a pretty broad category; consequently, the best way to refer to home decor is to give some examples of the items that constitute home décor. How these design professionals address these issues will transform how tomorrow's homes look and function.
When decorating a room, there are many things to think about. Space planning, flooring, lighting, furniture, and window treatments are just a few. You'll find interesting information here about how to incorporate all of the elements of décor into your decorating project and use them to the best advantage for your space. The décor refers to different kinds of patterns of design like formal décor, contemporary décor, traditional décor and modern décor.
» Basic Compliances
» Formal Home Décor
» Contemporary Home Décor
» Casual Home Décor
» Rustic Home Décor
While the structure of your house is being set up there a number of things about the home interior that have be taken care of at this stage itself. This part of house interior design, may not make your house look more beautiful but, is necessary to make your home more comfortable and have a greater resale value. Here are a few things about interior finishing that you should remember.
- Even though you may not install an alarm system right away, ensure that the wiring is in place, so that you have the option of installing the system later on. This will add to the resale value of the house as well.
- Rough in for the built-in Vacuum System should be installed when the house is being built, as it is less expensive at this stage.
- All insulation other than blown insulation can be installed at this point. Drywall should be installed once insulation is done. Ploy Vapor is inserted between the drywall and insulation and sealed around outlets like doors and windows. Once insulation is installed, the Insulation Inspector from City Hall will inspect it. Blown insulation is installed when the ceiling in placed and will be inspected during Final Inspection. Using insulation can do soundproofing. This can be used in baths, bedroom and between floors.
- After the insulation has been inspected the drywall can be installed. Drywalls can be used for extra soundproofing.
- Before doing the cabinet, laying the flooring the house should be cleaned thoroughly.
- The painter should finish painting the room in which the linoleum and cabinets have to be installed. The can paint the moldings and doors as well.
- The linoleum should be installed before the molding and cabinets are installed. When this is done there are fewer chances of damage to the linoleum.
- The carpenter will install the molding and cabinets in the rooms that have been painted and where the linoleum has been laid. Molding can be used to highlight or hide windows, doors or walls. For cabinets get several quotations and don't compromise on quality while trying to buy something less expensive.
- Ceramic tiles can be installed while the rest of the finishing is being done.
- Sinks, taps, toilets in both the bathroom and kitchen can be installed now and connected to the tank.
- Shelves and rods for the closet should be installed after the painting has been done.
- Get the electrician to fix your light fixtures at this time.
- Curtains and Binds can be installed after the painting is done.
- The hardwood floor should be installed at the very end, as it is likely to get damaged with all the work going on. This type of flooring lasts long, is easy to clean and comes in a variety of beautiful colors and this can be used in just one room or the whole house.
- Finally, after all the interior finishing is done install the carpet so that there is no damage done to it.
- Allow the painter to touch up any spots on the wall and floor.
- Request the City Hall to conduct final inspection once everything is complete. Once inspected and passed you will receive the Occupancy Permit.
- For some municipalities an occupancy permit is mandatory to move in, others do not require you to have one. Find out before you move or you may be fined for moving into your house.
Formal Home Décor
When formal décor comes in mind, we automatically refer to period homes or fine hotels. The formal décor is also a space that is livable and comfortable. Some additional guidelines to follow include:
- Tall windows, heavy window treatments, fire places and large mirrors are specifically used in this kind of décor.
- To create a formal setting, you need to keep both lines and symmetry in mind.
- The furniture would be arranged in a straight line inside the room and in most cases, furniture and accessories would be arranged in pairs.
- Cloth is generally used on the walls.
- The surfaces of furniture, floors, mirrors, and light fixtures would be polished to a bright shine with high gloss.
- The fabrics used for bedspreads, pillows, couches, and window treatments are very luxurious and rich.
- The use of rugs, oil paintings and crystal chandeliers are typical characteristics.
Contemporary Home décor
Contemporary decor is a style that can be described as simplest of all decors; it conveys a sense of simplicity. It is generally categorized by neutral and earthy colors.
- This kind of décor uses distinctive outline, linear patterns, geometric shapes and black as the primary color.
- There are striking color patters like used of red with orange and this lies in this décor scheme.
- The furniture has the clean and fast lines and made up of smooth fabric or leather.
- Metal lights are generally the characteristics of this kind of décor.
Casual Home décor
This particular style is very inviting and easy to maintain so very good for working family members.
- The casual style has generally textured patterns and fabric is always soft.
- The perfect symmetry is never there, instead there are gentle curves and rectangular shapes.
- The furniture is arranged in diagonal lines.
- The floors are generally wooden.
- The lightning fixture are very unusual kinds, may be a mixture of steel, iron, glass.
Rustic Home décor
This type of décor provides interest to a home while creating unique texture and warmth.
- Rustic décor provides sophistication, charm and trend.
- The fireplace with polished logs and antique finish is characteristic feature of this décor.
- The furniture is highly textured and only few pieces should be put in a room.
- The pillows and cushions are necessary and they should be in rust, copper or burgundy color.
- Rustic décor can be done by using garden benches or oak dining, ladder back chairs.
- The paintings are also particularly that of baskets of pine cones or landscape photo.