Lighting Ideas in Interior Decoration
» Understanding The Lighting System
» Home Lighting
» Bedroom Lighting
» Bathroom Lighting
» Dining Room Lighting
» Living Room Lighting
» Kitchen Lighting
» Study Room Lighting
» Ceiling Medallion
» Decorative Lighting
» Hanging Chandelier
» Dimmers for Lights
» Ceiling Fan Lighting
» Lighting Feng Shui Style
» Landscape Lighting
» Outdoor Glass Lights
Using decorative lighting is another way of enhancing the beauty and character of the house. Earlier on lighting was done from the functional point of view. Today homeowners want their lighting fixtures both interior and exterior to make a statement. More so the interior lighting. They select interior lighting fixtures to match the rest of the décor. Decorating homes with elegant and tasteful light fixtures is a must these days. Decorative home lighting fixtures come in different shapes, sizes, finishes and materials. There are a wide variety of finishes to choose from. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Lamps that have a brushed nickel, stainless steel and copper finish, have become popular displacing the old favorite that was brass finished. These new finishes easily blend with the multi-colored décor of modern houses.
- Some lamps are finished in different colors and the consumer can choose one that exactly matches his needs. These are painted and may be textured or have silver and gold flecks.
- Another much in demand finish to the one that gives an antique and timeless look. This finish gives the lamps a very conventional look.
- Today a lot of attention is paid to detailing. Every aspect of the lamp is made decorative that gives the fixture more style and elegance.
The market flooded with a variety of decorative lighting fixtures. Selecting ones that are both functional and decorative can be a difficult task. Here are a few tips that to follow while choosing decorative lights:
- Employ a certified lighting consultant. He will help you find lamps that are functional and decorative.
- It you have a picture, of what the lighting fixture should look like, take it with you while shopping for fixtures.
- Plan a budget and decide by how much, you are willing to exceed that budget, for something you really want.
- While buying lighting fixtures for rooms bring something that matches the color of the walls. This will make it easier to find lights that match the rest of the décor.
- If you are looking for something specific and cannot find it, then you can get it specially made to order.
- While buying decorative lighting fixtures do not forget the practical purpose of lighting the room.